Definitions and interpretation:
Collectively all information that you submit to Arkleston Piping via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation for as long as the GDPR is effective in the uk;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Arkleston Piping, we or us
Arkleston Piping of 59 Gleniffer Road, Renfrew, PA4 0RD;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that access the Website and is not either (i) employed by Arkleston Piping and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Arkleston Piping and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, arklestonpiping.co.uk, and any sub-domain of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Who we are
Arkleston Piping is a UK wide live entertainment booking agency. Our offices is located at:
59 Gleniffer Road
Tel: 07931 355 164
Our website address is: https://arklestonpiping.co.uk
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Arkleston Piping is the “data controller”. This means that Arkleston Piping determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email address and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Arkleston Piping will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
Arkleston Piping will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- Google Analytics;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below titled “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products and services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- to contact you with information on your event and booking information, as well as to update you on changes to your booking as necessary;
- your event details and personal information will be passed to the performer(s) you have booked so that the performer may contact you regarding your event;
- we may periodically send promotional emails about artists or services which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided but only if you have made an enquiry with us;
- from time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes via email or phone
- we may use the information you provide to customise the website and provide a better user experience;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisified with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see section titled “Your rights” below).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Marketing and consent
If you sign-up to our email newsletter, you agree to receiving marketing material fromus from time to time, with your consent, via an opt-in:
- for marketing purposes, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide;
- if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section titled “Your rights” below.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to process requirements and event information;
- our musicians – to process requirements and event information and to provide direct contact with you on the day of your event, or to contact you prior to your event to ascertain your requirements for the event;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers or in secure paper files
Technical and organgisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want detailed information on protecting your information, computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary to complete the booking you have made with us. When you have entered into a contract with us, we will hold your data securely for 6 years to help support our financial reporting requirements.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Arkleston Piping to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however, certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
If you leave a comment on our Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in Cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These Cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
This website may place the following Cookies:
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
|Type of Cookie
|Google Analytics/Performance Cookies
|They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
|We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
|Really Simple SSL
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You may contact Arkleston Piping by email at email@example.com